Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

What would I do without Jamie reminding me when I have posted last?!? :) I tried posting last night, but my computer didn't want to. It still doesn't...this is my third time to rewrite this. It will probably will get shorter each time.
I love Easter! What an incredible day to focus on the hope that we have. It is life changing and overwhelming! I wish that I made a point to remember His death more often. I read on another friend's blog how Easter is probably the most underrated holidays. So true...without the Resurrection we would have nothing else to live for the rest of the year.
This year was different. I didn't dye eggs, put together an Easter basket, or even buy a new outfit! But still just as great! I woke up early to the dreary rain. The church next to us was playing their bells for quite a while and it just made the day feel even more special and important. Ray and I had a great time of worship at church. We sang one of my favorite songs, In Christ Alone.
"Then bursting forth in glorious day up from the grave He rose again!
And as he stands in Victory, sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine; bought with the precious blood of Christ."
Love it!
We then went to Moore to have lunch with the Day family. I wish I took a picture of the pretty tables Sissy set up! It was such great food and a good time to see everyone.

Here we are waiting for eggs to be hidden in the house.
I couldn't resist posting this! :) The Easter Bunny:

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah for an update! Love the pictures... especially my sweater :)
Sissy looks so cute!
Keep the updates coming!!

Anonymous said...

I also enjoy the blog updates. Great pictures--wish you were my full-time blog secretary. HA!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I love the bunny picture!

Bridget