Sunday, August 30, 2009

Where I've Been

I'm hearing every now and then how I need to update, but when my mom is hearing from others that I need to update, the I better put something down!!

People, I'm busy. School has started. That's a busy time just for normal teachers. But I have a brand new team of brand new 1st year teachers, and so that is making me even more busy. (My new team is absolutely awesome, and with-it and great and so I'm not complaining about them at all!) Plus I'm slow, and we are being asked to do things a little differently, which will take me a little longer to figure things out. So when I come home completely exhausted (because I have the largest and possibly the worst behaved class ever) and I can't find the time to make dinner or clean the house, I can't justify finding the time to blog! :)

I have a new computer!!! Woo hoo! Its fun, but I don't have any pictures on here yet, so I can't post pictures either!

And there really isn't much to write about. I did get flowers twice since school has started!! My team (did I mention how fabulous they are?) sent me some and then my husband sent me some too! Fresh, pretty flowers can make any day better...and a real Coke too!

Davy went to the vet yesterday for his 8 month check-up. He weighed 67.6 pounds. He is huge...and happy...and hyper. He is at the height now where his nose gooses you when you walk in the door and his tail knocks everything off the coffee table because its wagging all the time. He met Ray's family last week and loves them all. He especially loves Ray's parents pool just like his Aunt Sissy's pool. He still loves to chew and can go through a big raw-hide bone in 2 days.

So there are a few things that happened since I last blogged...granted it has been 2 months. Slowly I'll get things updated. Parent night is this week, and so after then I should be back to somewhat of a normal schedule.

This will have to satisfy your Harris Happening Blog needs until I have a little more time!

4 comments:

danielle said...

your students are lucky to have you. i dont know how you do it.. really. its a gift! love you.

Jamie said...

Yeah for the update... keep them coming... but I know you are busy :) Love ya!

Natalie said...

good to hear an update! i'm glad that you have a good team--i'm sure that's a relief (although still a lot of work right now). love you friend!

JHawk said...

i completely understand the busy thing!!! i'm just now checking up on blogs that i've missed...we'll get together soon friend!!!