On our last day we planned to do a boat tour from the Pier. We wanted to do it the night before, but it was cloudy and so we thought we would wait and do it the next day. Well it was raining and so we didn't really want to spend the money to ride a boat in the rain. I had the great idea to find the Oprah Store. The tour had some really fun coupons where we could get free samples from different places and they also had one where if you bought something from the Oprah Store you would get a free gift. I was intrigued. It was a little adventure getting there as it wasn't close to downtown and the street wasn't on the little map we used the whole time. We finally found it. I was so disappointed in the merchandise as EVERYTHING had the letter O or her whole name on it. I enjoy Oprah, but not so much that I needed something with her stamp on it. The only things that didn't have her name were things from Africa. What was in my price range, Jamie had just brought me a month before. But I still was determined to get my free gift. I finally settled on some notecards that we in the shape of an O, but could totally pass for just being oval shaped. And my free gift was just a pen. But it has a highlighter!
At this point of our day we are just wandering around. The rain has picked up and so we go back for me to get my umbrella. We go back and eat at a restaurant that was recommended to us. I'm almost to the point where I'm ready to just sit inside somewhere out of the rain and wait until is time to go the airport! As we are walking we hear the bells that sound like a train crossing. We realized that it was the draw bridge going up. I was so excited!
This bridge is a double bridge if you can tell.
We were about to turn around and head back when we realized we could see the next bridge go up. So we stood around and watched that too! It took forever for all of the traffic to clear off the bridge.

2 comments:
way cool! and Raymond shaved!!! i don't know that i've ever seen him without facial hair!!!
Hi Julie!! Please email me at kim@thetomkatstudio.com so we can chat about your giveaway prize! Congrats!
Post a Comment