We spent this day mostly on a guided tour of the city. We rode around on the top of a double decker bus (getting windblown). There were stops all over the city and you could get on and off as you pleased. They also included 3 other smaller tours more away from downtown that you could do as well. Of course there was no way that you could have time for all of them. We found all the little tid-bits about the city so interesting. We saw a lot on this day, so this post is very picture heavy. I didn't know which ones to leave out. So I put them in...for you mom! :)
Going under bridges felt like a close call. The day started out sunny and beautiful.
We rode a little on historic Route 66.
The architecture was so neat!
We ended up not making it to a baseball game. But this tour company had a trolley that went out by Wrigley Field. So we took that for a little bit so I could see it.
By now it was freezing and we had to go back to the hotel to get my sweatshirt that I had to buy when we got there. We never expected some of the days to never make it out of the low 70's.
We got back on the double decker. I loved this building. It is one of the newer ones and is meant to look like ripples of water when you look up at it.

This is the Trump Tower. It isn't finished yet.

The buildings are so tall on this street that it only gets 2 hours of direct sunlight every day.
This is the Trump Tower. It isn't finished yet.
The buildings are so tall on this street that it only gets 2 hours of direct sunlight every day.

3 comments:
Thanks for all the detailed entries and pictures. I have enjoyed each of them. I am so glad that you had such a fun time. Love, Mom
I'm so glad you put up ALL the pics!!! What a neat trip!!!
Good pictures... sounds like a fun trip!
Post a Comment