Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cooking & Crafting

After a weekend away to Dallas to kick start my Spring Break, I spent the rest of the week at home. I found plenty to do and had a great time doing it! I spent one day making meals that I could freeze for future use. I split them in half so that we wouldn't have to deal with leftovers.


I then devoted the rest of the week being crafty! I have a whole section in my internet favorites devoted to crafts I want to make. I was so excited to finally have time to make some things.


I found these super cute apothecary jars a long time ago. It took several trips to Hobby Lobby for me get each piece using their 40% off coupons. I made 3 jars, but then had trouble finding things to put in them! I knew I wanted eggs for Spring but that was all I had!

I then saw these hydrangea flowers made out of paper bags. I had the idea to make them without the stems to fit in jar. I bought the styrofoam balls and made a flower using a 1" ball. It took forever and ended up being much bigger than I thought so it wouldn't fit in the jar! Uggghh! Then I found some beads from a necklace that had broken and used them to make the flowers. I couldn't find anything smaller than the bead to make a smaller flower to fill the rest of the jar. I don't like the open spaces, but ran out of time to figure out what I could use to fill the space. But I love the flowers...and so cheap to make! :)


I forgot to take a picture of my next project. I covered a W with scrapbook paper for my friend and then glued it onto the metal square (is that what you call them?) It looks just like mine sitting on the mantel. The H is supposed to be glued to the square, but when I first made this I used hot glue...which didn't work. I have since discovered Gorilla Glue when I made the jars which is awesome!

I had an Easter Egg wreath hanging on my wreath hanger which wouldn't work past Easter. Since our house was being shown I wanted to make sure I had something. I found this ribbon wreath which looked easy enough for me to tackle. I decided rather than making a flower I would cut off this flower from a bag that a student had given me years ago and I never used.

I wish I had long periods of time to craft like this. I pretty much worked on these projects all week long and loved it!

3 comments:

danielle said...

fun!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The W looks very cute on my wall. We should plan craft nights during the summer (when it won't work to swim). I need different things to hang on my bare walls.

Natalie said...

so cute! we totally need to make a craft the next time we get together!