Sunday, August 10, 2008

Spontaneous Get Away

My fabulous husband had the great idea to go out of town for my last night of summer. (I report back to school tomorrow morning.) When I asked where, he responded with anywhere! That was hard because I would have preferred a plan. We decided to go to Tulsa...not too close but not too far. As soon as he got off work Saturday night, we drove up to Tulsa. Even the drive was fun. I found some bubble gum in my purse and we had a bubble-gum blowing contest. We checked into the Doubletree Hotel downtown, and had a late dinner at a Mexican restaurant with fried ice cream for dessert. Yum! We then came back to the hotel and sat in their hot tub, watched the Olympics, and enjoyed cable TV. I loved that we could both sleep in with out having to be anywhere. It was much needed rest for Raymond. After lunch we drove back home and did some shopping. The whole time was perfect and relaxing. (Sorry I didn't take any pictures!)

2 comments:

danielle said...

sounds to me like a pretty perfect last night of summer!

Anonymous said...

So I think that you need to post pictures of your cute little puppy! B