Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Dog

So once upon a time I wasn't a dog person. My sister took this picture and emailed it to Raymond last summer titled, "Why Julie doesn't need a dog."Everyone that knows me knows that I don't do dogs. But as soon as Raymond and I were serious, he talked often about having a dog. So it wasn't a mater of IF we would get a dog, it was a matter of WHEN.

Well, the time has come...

Raymond heard about a guy at his work whose dog just had puppies. When he came home to tell me about them, he was very excited. We heard of opportunities to get a dog before but I always had an excuse. Like half of our backyard not having any grass. I didn't want a muddy dog. As soon as he could, Raymond quickly fixed that problem. I still had lots of reasons why we didn't need a dog, but this time I sensed that I really couldn't say no. It did take me about a week to finally fully agree. As soon as I was OK with it, I even got a little excited...just a little.

So last Sunday we went to Walmart.

And picked out a name...Harley.

And Monday was the big day! We told the guy who had the puppies that we wanted a girl. So we met him at Grahams (I guess it was halfway) to pick from 4 of the girl puppies. We didn't have a hard time choosing. Harley came to us immediately and was so loving while all the others just huddled. It was love at first sight for Raymond...I was still working on it. Although I knew that I would love her.


Check out her blue eyes!


Welcome home!

At her previous home, she had always been outside so she was a little cautious to come in.


She was worn out! I finally would hold her after she had a bath.

So it has been an interesting week. There have been a couple of times where I wonder what I was thinking! My mom thinks it would be fun to be a fly on the wall to watch me with her. She now sleeps almost all through the night without crying and up until yesterday I thought I had a pretty good handle on the whole house breaking thing. It has been interesting to see how Raymond and I are so different with her. I'm calm, he's not. I don't let her get away with anything, he does. I wonder if that is what it will be like when we have kids. I can promise that you will NEVER see me on the floor playing with her!

I prefer her to be at my feet. She is really into being close and squeezing between anything to feel cozy.

Overall it has been a lot of fun, and I'm a fan. Only of her...not of dogs! :) I feel like a new mom and have taken a ton of pictures. I'm sure you'll get bored hearing about her on here, but I have to keep her Aunt Jamie updated!

7 comments:

danielle said...

how cute! i love the feet picture!!! and i totally understand the only LOVING your dog comment! :) what kind of dog is she?

Natalie said...

aw, too cute! i can't wait to meet her! you'll have to take her to the dog park when she's old enough.

Anonymous said...

Harley is adorable!!! I showed Carter the pics of her and he asked, "How far away is her house?" I happily replied not very far!!! We'll be seeing you soon!!! Love, Julie

JHawk said...

I keep forgetting my password, maybe this is it!!!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Julie, I am laughing really hard! Especially at the feet picture, she wants to cuddle with you so bad! Hilarious!!!

mgoff said...

Julie! I am so happy for you! How fun! Harley is so cute. It wont be long and you will warm up to her, never say never!

Hilary de Haan said...

i'm so proud of you! i've become a non-dog person myself. i'm not sure what i'm going to do when the kids want one!