Thursday, September 4, 2008

Peeing, Playing and Places

I was informed that I'm not a good mother. Only my sister would be so blunt and honest. Evidently I'm not doing a good job at keeping her updated on this dog of ours. This has been a crazy start to the school year. It always takes me a long time to post blogs and so I just haven't been up to taking the time. Plus as a new mom and I don't have as much energy! :)

I know you could care less about her bladder, but I'm consumed with it. A few weeks ago, she went all the time inside. Not fun! If she is in the house I can't do anything without constantly thinking where she is, what she's doing for fear that she is leaving us a surprise. So good news is that Harley can make it through the night with out going to bathroom. Bad news is it ALL comes out when we go let her out in the morning. I am not a fan of the excitement pee. Our vet said that it would probably last until she is about 8 months. We have 6 more to go. It has been a few weeks since she deliberately messes in the house when we are watching her. (knock on wood!) We are making progress with me letting her sit in another room.

Although I can lean back and still see her. Evidently she prefers the cooler tile to sleep. And just as I write this she came back in to lay close to me. She has to be close to us all the time! That is my favorite part.

So I also mentioned playing. She is so hyper all the time. We have to wear her out outside or she will go bonkers inside. She has started jumping up on us. Maybe she has always done this, but I'm noticing it more as she gets taller. Her claws are sharp and have snagged my clothes. Raymond's latest game to play is to slide her across our floors. It is too funny to watch!


Harley loves her Hedgie! She is now strong enough to make it squeak...which she does all the time!

The first place Harley has gone was to the vet and she did great! She weighed a whopping 11 pounds and didn't even cry when she got her shots. I just think she loved the treats, because the only time that she gets them at our house is when she potties. I also took her with me to run an errand. It must be love! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating and i'm pretty sure I did not call you a bad mom, I just wanted an updated post... that's all :)
Jamie

danielle said...

yay for an update! :) AND,your hair is getting so long! love it! i'm back in town, lets hang out soon. love you.

mgoff said...

I love the picture of you and Harley! Who would have thought? So glad to hear you are doing well.

Natalie said...

too cute! still can't wait to meet her!