That is how Raymond and I have felt this week. Last weekend my throat was sore, but I figured it was allergies. I was out of town (on a fabulous weekend getaway to Ft. Worth!) and when I came home this was the attention that I got from Raymond... He was feeling sick, and couldn't keep his eyes open. I crack up at the floss thing still in his mouth. Poor guy! He was supposed to be watching the Dallas Cowboys game and so you know its bad if he isn't watching this! Harley was wiped out too!
Raymond didn't go to work on Tuesday. I had the thought that he should just suck it up and go...until I got to school. I hadn't felt this bad in a long time. I could barely keep my eyes open with the kids. My body ached soooo bad! I didn't want to take the trouble to leave and so I stuck it out. At the end of the day when most have been dismissed and there are just a few kids left, they usually stand around my desk. This day, they stood around looking at me with my eyes closed and my purse in my lap waiting for the chance to leave. I finally got smart and took them to another teacher. I couldn't get home fast enough. Raymond and I spent the afternoon/evening in bed. I did get up to write lesson plans for a sub for the next day.
I didn't go to work Wednesday...Raymond did. I began to feel better. So I went to school on Thursday. It was fine. I wasn't great...still congested. But then today came. I have no voice. It was the most miserable day ever! You can't control 20 kids with ZERO voice! We finally got a system down where I would ring a bell and they would look at me and then I would whisper. They really ended up being pretty good, but I have no energy left.
Funny side note...
We did an activity over subjects and predicates where they wrote the subject on a yellow piece of paper and then they wrote the predicate on a purple piece. I then mixed the pieces up and each student got a new sentence that was kind of silly. Before I mixed the parts we went around and shared the sentence they created. One girl's was "Mrs. Harris has a sore throat." Another was "A penguin as a fat layer of skin." Do you see where this was going? The new sentence read, "Mrs. Harris has a fat layer of skin." Ummm, how do you handle that? I just laughed right along with them as I switched that sentence around. I didn't want to find out what the illustration would have looked like!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Pathetic
Posted by Julie at 4:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sorry you've both been sick :-(
So he was justified in staying home on Sunday. :) Sorry you've been sick! I had a fabulous time last weekend and didn't realize until you all drove away that we didn't take any pictures to document the weekend. Oh well!
Hi Julie! Hope you are feeling better now! :)
LOL, gotta love 3rd graders! ;)
Update, please! :) How 'bout a birthday post?
Post a Comment