And I love China! So when you put those two together, I get pretty excited! Two years ago when I was in China you could already sense the excitement for the Olympics there. Even in the city where I was which was quite a ways away from Beijing I was told that athletic stores started popping up once they got the bid.
All over Beijing you could find countdown clocks. I was in Beijing 739 days before the Olympics started. Good thing they were keeping track! :)
I bought a shirt and with the emblem just like what is on the picture below and proudly wore it Friday when the Olympics started. My favorites to watch are gymnastics, swimming, and diving. I'm not as fond of team sports like volleyball and basketball, and I was so surprised to see water polo this morning. I didn't realize that was a sport in the Olympics. I look forward to the endless hours of the Olympics that I will see in the next 2 weeks. GO USA....and go China!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
I love the Olympics!
Posted by Julie at 7:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i am glad to see you are pumped about the olympics. i am sure it was because of all the patriotic songs we sang.
i was just coming to write about the fabulous patriotic singing this weekend and how it must have really gotten you even more in the mood for the olympics. becca beat me to it! love you!
i love the olympics, too! i'm taking the day off work today, and i'm about to watch the gymnastics that i tivoed--rhonda doesn't have tv service yet, and i was at her house all weekend helping her unpack.
So last night I was making a fool of myself screaming for the men's swim relay. I love it! B
Post a Comment