Monday, July 28, 2008

Dacation

I wish that I was clever enough to have come up with that term. I recently heard it on the news in a story about vacations that you can take in just a day. But it is perfect for the days that the Day family spent together with Jamie home! With working and other scheduled events, we couldn't go too far. So we stuck close to home and had a great time. We started with breakfast at the lake. A little windy but yummy french toast casserole was perfect for our picnic. We then played games and rode bikes all before it got too hot.


(Sorry for the smallness...all the small pics you will see were emailed from Jamie.)

We then went back to my parents house to cook-out burgers for lunch. We ended our day at my aunt and uncle's house to swim in their pool and eat pizza for dinner. I've been in a pool recently but I hadn't had this much fun in a long time! I got my hair wet, sprayed water, chicken fought with Jamie and laughed so hard. I'm sad I didn't get pictures of this event, but I didn't want to take the time to get out of the pool to get my camera. After swimming we had a 4th of July cake since Jamie was in Africa over her favorite holiday. She is wearing the perfect shirt for her: "Proud to be an American"
She was "matchy" with our grandpa. We laughed when he had no clue what she meant by that word.

The next day we got pedicures with our mom and then went to Frontier City with my dad. On Mondays you can get in for 50 cents if you are/were in the military and so my dad couldn't pass up that deal. This was before we went. I wasn't about to document what we looked like once there. Luckily I went with people who already love me.

I know this may surprise some of you, but I don't do heat. So going in the middle of the afternoon when the temp had passed hundred degrees (It was SO HOT!), I was surprised at how much fun it was. We hardly waited in any lines and sometimes would get back on the ride as soon as we got off.

The next 3 days we went to my aunts house in Arkansas. It is always so fun. Watching cooking shows, reading magazines, and eating are our staple activities. Every time I'm at their house I spend a lot of time sitting at their bar watching my aunt cook and so this is the typical view.
On our way home we stopped by a Little Debbie outlet store. Everything is so cheap that you can't pass up buying a box or two...or 12! Raymond is always eating so much that I have to keep our pantry stocked. Last time I came home with Little Debbie treats they were all gone in no time. So this time I made sure that I stocked up, but am thinking that this supply will not last very long either. Luckily I'm not tempted by these treats or I would be in trouble. When I was showing Raymond what all I bought I stacked them up on our counter. I couldn't resist taking a picture.
I loved spending time with my family. We always have a good time and it was fabulous with Jamie here. Can't wait until November when she comes back home.

2 comments:

danielle said...

what a fun blog!

Natalie said...

yay for a fun update! i'm glad you had such a good time with your family! i've been trying to post a blog about our weekend, but my computer's being difficult and not posting the pictures.