I haven't loved the whole having my gall bladder out process. Raymond has been perfectly perfect, but I have had a need for my mom too. And she has been out of town forever. This week she went to Falls Creek to help as a cook and so I decided that I would go see down to see her. It felt so good to get off my couch and get out of the house. I've been in a lot of pain and this was a great distraction to hang out with my mom and the other cooks. I loved listening to them talk and watch them work so hard. I decided to stay for dinner and they let me help serve.
While serving, it was so interesting to watch the kids. The middle school kids were here this week, and they are so funny! It brought back some great memories of the (HOT) times that I spent at Falls Creek. Plus I hadn't been down there since all of the changes. It is so different with the new tabernacle. They had it locked so I couldn't go in but I'm sure that totally changes the experience for those sitting inside. You don't have to worry about splinters or sweat anymore!
I had a fabulous day! Sometimes a girl just needs her mom and I came home feeling great but exhausted!
ALSO...
Happy 30th Anniversary Mom and Dad!

My parents are an incredible example of a couple with a solid marriage. They are very much in love and I admire their dedication and commitment towards each other. Here's to 30 more years!

2 comments:
I haven't seen the new Tabernacle either. I really like the looks of it. Wish you could've gone inside to report back! I think about the old days of sitting outside and don't know what I would've chosen back then whether to sit inside or out...there was something about sitting outside...but we didn't know better either! Now...definitaly INSIDE!!! Glad you are feeling better! :-}
You do have a wonderful mom! What a wonderful blessing! I'm so glad you had fun down at Falls Creek. I hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment