Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

We had fun celebrating the holiday at Raymond's aunt and uncle's farm in Weatherford. Games, great food and of course fire works!


We started out by setting off black cats. Well, wimpy me just watched.

And then we played this fabulous game called ladder ball. You toss two balls attached by a string in hopes for it to land on a rung of the ladder. Each rung has a point value and the team that reaches 21 points wins. I wasn't very good but it was really fun. Raymond's cousin made this and so I think it would be really fun for us to make one to have!


Look closely and you can see how the balls have landed on the rungs.

When it was dark everyone pulled out their fireworks. In my family we were always in the city and so we would go to the fireworks display that the city put on. So because I didn't have much experience and I'm wimpy I was happy with the sparklers. But the wind made those not fun so again I was content with watching. Here, they go all out with buying fireworks. So we had some really cool ones to look at.

1 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm wimpy when it comes to fireworks, too! :)