Saturday, February 14, 2009

Kicking Up a Storm

Who would have thought that one week we would be out for 3 days due to ice, and then two weeks later, we would be stuck at school due to tornadoes? Our poor kids were such troopers being in the duck-and-cover position for so long. Although they did figure that you can only keep “practicing” so long. They did’t run the buses until 5:30 and my last student was finally picked up at 5:45. That was crazy!

I got two things from this experience.
1) Sick. When you cram 85+ people into a classroom, (our class was supposed to go to the boys bathroom but I refused) there would be a few germs floating around. Later that evening I got a sore throat and terrible body aches, which turned into a cough, which turned into no voice today. None. I have slept a lot though.
2) I also got hail damage. We heard tons of hail and I figured I would at least have some damage, but I always assumed that hail damage would be pretty destructive. So when I got home my car was covered in water and I couldn’t tell if there was any damage or not. I even ran my hand across the hood and didn’t feel anything so I assumed that I lucked out. A couple days later at lunch everyone was talking about the hail damage they got. I thought it strange that my car wouldn’t get any but thought I better check again when I left school. Yup, it was there. Not so much on the hood where I first looked but tons of tiny little dings all over the trunk and top of my car. It is also worse on the passenger side which I don’t see every day. The more I look, the more I find. So yesterday I made the call to my insurance. Lovely!

1 comments:

gingmo said...

We had a hail storm here last Spring and it did a lot of damage. Our windshield was broken in 2 places and there were windows in peoples apartments broken. I hope you can get it fixed pretty quickly. Our insurance took care of us...and we are so thankful!