Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January Recap

Clearly nothing has been picture worthy as I have no pictures. Life as been pretty much normal...Raymond working tons of hours and me grading tons of papers. But here are some of the highlights of the month:

  • The Bachelor began and so that has been good to see Danielle and Denise for dinner and watch some crazy women.
  • I went with my friend Julie to her son's karate/gymnastics class. Carter is 4 so it was super cute to watch him kicking and punching. I had the title for the blog that I was going to write about this: Kung Fu Carter. Clearly that didn't happen.
  • We went to Bridget's parents house for the National Championship. I loved watching Ray get into the game with other OU lovers who got into it as much. That was a great night for me to get a lot of grading done. :)
  • Natalie came into town for her dad's birthday and so a fun evening with her and Bridget had us talking wedding and visiting the ever so much talked about Cuppies & Joe. Which is cute and yummy.
  • The church plant that we were a part of has reorganized its outreach to not include Sunday morning services. So we have been attending Bridgeway. We like it so far.
  • My aunt and cousins came in from Arkansas for a weekend and so we spent time shopping and eating. Which is what you do best with family.
  • Ray and I both loved having a day off together for MLK. We slept in, went to lunch and a movie.
  • I FINALLY took down my Christmas decorations 4 weeks after Christmas. I never thought I would get tired of them, but I kind of was. Working on two "projects" for school left me a little busy.
  • Barack Obama's inauguration had us captivated at school. I was fascinated with the technology that allowed us to watch a live stream of the event on our Smart Board even though we didn't have a TV. I really felt like it was an historical event. Having spent the entire week before talking about Martin Luther King, it was so cool to see a black man being sworn into the presidency. I don't know how much my 3rd graders actually understood; they were getting a little restless during his address. But at least they will be able to say they watched it.
  • And here I sit in mismatched comfy clothes during my second snow day. I only let myself grade for an hour this morning. The other time has been spent catching up on magazine reading, watching TV, cooking and sitting in front of the TV. I do plan to start a book later this afternoon. I love these days off!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the updates!

B

Anonymous said...

Really... mismatched clothes? Have I taught you nothing :)
Jamie

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was so fun to have you come to Carter's kick-n-gym class! I loved the way he kept looking at you to see if you were watching him! That was too cute! You'll have to come again!!!
Love you, Julie

Natalie said...

I enjoyed our visit in January and am looking forward to the next one--too bad that February's not working out. I love you, friend!

lrigsby said...

I love reading your blog. You need to tell Natalie to message me so I can read her blog too! Have a great day!