Natalie tagged me to list 12 random things about myself that not many people may know. Thanks to a snow day, I have time to do this!
1. I love to watch the news and I love Charlie Gibson. I have memories of him as a kid on Good Morning America but I didn't really like him until he took over the evening news. He always ends each broadcast by saying, "I hope you had a good day." And I really think he does hope I had a good day. Raymond doesn't think it necessary that I say back whether I did or not. Maybe my love for news comes from my dad. I also have a memory of being shushed during the news so he could hear it. There are 3 news channels so it is perfect to watch one when I get ready, another when I get home, and another when I go to bed.
2. I'm going blind. A year and a half ago I finally got glasses because I was sick of driving and the signs being blurry. It was a treat to finally be able to see a Hornets game because all we could afford would be the last few rows. And the the words at church were so much clearer! But other than driving, church, and sporting events I was OK without them. It now has come to where I have to put my glasses on to read anything on my TV. And last night I discovered that it is even more comfortable to wear them the whole time I watched TV. I'm kind of bummed.
3. I have lived in Turkey. It was when I was in 1st and 2nd grade.
4. I have a phone phobia. Unless it is with my mom or husband. I don't like to call anyone about anything...even for pizza. I rarely make phones calls to the parents of my students. If I do, my heart beats faster and my stomach gets butterflies. So I don't call people very much, which makes some people frustrated with me. And when I do call you back, I have to work up to it. Thank goodness for texting.
5. I like that my sister and I look a lot alike. And I like that it drives her crazy when people ask us about it.
6. I'm not a night owl. I can't function much past 10. And it seems to be getting earlier lately.
7. I like to sit with the seat straight up in the car. (This only came to mind because it drives Raymond crazy when he drives my car. And I always have to fix it back after he has driven my car which happened yesterday.)
8. I love licorice. Black jelly beans, Good & Plenty...YUM!
9. I usually get an early start on things but can never finish them without rushing at the last minute.
10. I enjoy 2 subscriptions to family magazines and I don't have kids. (But I did get them free through a promotion and those I had to choose from weren't great. But I do have kids in my classroom and there is more that applies to me that one would think.)
11. I get a good feeling when I walk in Hobby Lobby. I love going there.
12. I can't crack an egg with out getting it all over my fingers and often dropping shell into whatever I making. Don't worry, I always get the shell out.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Randomness
Posted by Julie at 12:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Love it! #5 makes me laugh and i'm pretty sure you shouldn't have a phone phobia with me... i'm your sister!
Jamie
P.S. Thanks for finally updating your blog... keep it coming!
I'm sooo with you on #4...Hate it!!! I was so glad to find out that you can order pizza over the internet and pay w/ a credit card. At least at Pizza Hut and Domino's anyway. LOVE texting!!!
Julie
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment