Monday, October 5, 2009

Start of My 30th Year

My sister-in-law so kindly pointed out earlier this year that really when you turn 29, you are in your 30th year. So true.

My birthday was on a Sunday. The Friday before, my students were sweet and showered me with cards and treats and lunch was provided by some parents. Then Saturday Natalie was in town. I loved being able to spend the day with good friends especially with Raymond working and my parents out of town. We had a great day shopping, eating yummy food, and as always great conversation. We ended the day at Mama Roja’s.

On my actually birthday, I wanted to watch a movie in the balcony of the Warren theater. But I was not interested in the movie showing that day at all. Then I thought it would be fun to go to a pumpkin patch but the cold rainy weather didn’t let that happen either. So after a delicious lunch at Outback (yes, the choice was random but I was craving their Caesar salad) we had the most relaxing day at home. I had been so busy at school, that it was actually the perfect thing for me. Raymond gave me some dessert bowls and a glass jar I had my eye on.


He even thought to buy my favorite ice cream to serve me in my new bowls. The cookie was all him!

We did nothing but hang out and catch up on all of our shows we hadn’t had time to watch. Even better we blew up the air mattress in the living room.

We later celebrated with both my parents and Raymond's parents to complete the "birthday week." It was the perfect start to my 30th year!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

So fun! That's a good picture of us. :) I love the dessert bowls, and I'm curious--what flavor of ice cream is your fave?

Julie said...

chocolate chip cookie dough...blue bell! :)