Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Meet the Pack Master

There is an art to packing, and my father has mastered that art! I only hope to be as great of a packer as he is someday! :) I think he is so willing to help because he knows he can do it better than me.

Since my parents were already over at our house to eat birthday cake, my mom suggested that my dad pack up our books. OK, I had no problem with that!

You have to start with the heaviest books first.

As you put books in the box, they need to be grouped with other like sized books.The object of packing a box is to make sure all empty spaces are filled to prevent shifting.
Newspaper is the perfect stuffing agent. If you have someone to help you that's even better. Good thing mom was there since I was busy taking pictures.

He was kind enough to do another box for me! Hold the box together between your knees to tape the bottom.

Tape the bottom of the box just right!

Thanks Dad! Our packing wouldn't be what it is without you!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

love it and so true... not sure what any of my moves would look like with out dad... he truly is the best!