Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm Falling Apart!

Or at least that is how I feel. Currently I feel like my face is sunburned, but no, no, I have a lovely rash. It is ALL over my body, and thankfully in the winter I can wear pants and a turtleneck. However I can't hide my face, which leads to all kinds of questions and comments. “What’s wrong with your face?” was how I was greeted by one of my students. (We then had a small talk about tactfulness and being polite). I discovered this itchy nuisance when I was changing to get ready for bed. I started to panic because I’m so tired of something being wrong with me! I did make my Raymond laugh, because I didn’t know what to do and that was all I kept saying over and over.

So I had another trip to the doctor. She immediately insisted that my antibiotic caused my rash. I wasn’t convinced. Why would I have a reaction like this after being on an antibiotic for 7 days? So I explained to her all of my symptoms of me still having a sore (not as nasty) throat, a daily low-grade fever, and daily pains in my stomach. She then decided to look into my throat and see that there still is some infection and changed her tune to say that it could still be strep (because my previous test could have come back negative) or it could even be mono, yada, yada, yada. She ordered another swab, and more blood work. I’m becoming a pro at this doctor thing. I do feel better because hopefully we can rule out something.


To sum it up:
3 needles in my arms, 1 shot in my rear, 2 gagging swabs in my throat, 5 paper cuts, 2 substitutes for my class, 2 antibiotics, 4 co-pays, a million itchy red bumps, 1 ultra sound, 1 gall bladder scan and 1 incredible husband who actually puts up with me and this mess!

4 comments:

danielle said...

julie! seriously. you need to get better my friend. i am anxious to hear what these test results say. love you!

Anonymous said...

hey julie! i love your blog site! so sorry to hear you are feeling miserable. I'll be praying for a quick recovery!

Stormy said...

Julie, I pray for 2 things, 1 that the doctors will figure out what's going on so they can help and 2 that you get to feeling better ASAP with or without answers from the doctor. *HUGS*

~Nikki

Hilary de Haan said...

hey, sorry to hear you're having to deal with so much crud! you have to get better so we can go to ted's wednesday ;-) i'll pray for you right now that you feel better soon and that all this yucky stuff would just disappear!!