So after playing phone tag with my doctor for 2 days, she finally was able to tell me what was wrong. I have mono. That would explain my feeling like crap for so long and it would explain the lovely rash that I am still being asked about at school. Evidently if you treat mono with amoxicillin (antibiotic) you break out in a rash. This afternoon when I came home I was looking on the internet about mono. I found it said "antibiotics should NOT be given without a positive strep test." But then what can an after-hours doctor do when you have a fever and sore throat? So I asked her what I do? "Rest." I have heard that a lot from my husband and mother. What else? "Avoid contact sports." Not a problem. With mono your spleen swells and can have a chance of rupturing when you get tackled. So at least my major symptoms are pretty much gone, but I will likely feel fatigued for a while. Lovely. My poor kids need me to take a break. How many days until Spring Break?
With such an evident symptom like a rash (I don't mean to talk about it so much, but it was pretty traumatic) I have gotten all kinds of diagnoses. The most popular reason they say is that all this has been caused by my marriage. They go on to explain as I look at them like they are crazy that even though it has been a good change, any change can cause stress to the body and my rash is a stress rash. Hmmmm. I think that my marriage has been the best thing that has happened to me. If anything, it has eliminated stress in that I now have someone that is there all the time to be such a great help. Who knows how I got it or where it came from, but at least I know what is wrong. And thank goodness Raymond hasn't gotten anything.
So now I'm off to learn how to rest...
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Mystery Solved
Posted by Julie at 6:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i would like to know what you learn about rest... keep us updated! love you!
it was great seeing you alive and somewhat better the other night. take it easy this weekend ;-)
oh julie!!!
sorry to hear about the rash and mono! take it easy and feel better soon! carter also says get well soon!
Learning to rest is a hard lesson but an important one, esp if you and Mac can learn it together. It's one of the key things that keeps life in balance (in my opinion). God has funny ways of slowing us down if we don't do it ourself. As for the docs telling you your rash was caused by marriage, I was cracking up. I imagine you WERE looking at them like are crazy. I'm glad they sorted out what was going on though and I hope you recover quickly.
Post a Comment