We had a garage sale this weekend. I never realized how much work goes into having one. I went through every box in every closet in our house and even in my old closet at my parents home. It was fun going down memory lane. I threw away a lot. I find it funny what I felt the need to save back then. Plus I'm amazed at how much junk I have. A lot of it happened to be gifts. Being a teacher I get a bunch of things that are so thoughtful but just don't need to be in my home. It was really great to get rid of so much.
The people that come to garage sales are really funny. It was great people watching. You can always tell the "professional" garage salers. On the morning of our first day I was sitting waiting for my mom to come (she helped a ton!) and at 6:40 in the morning a truck drove by very slowly hoping that we were open. They came as soon as the garage door was up well before we would have like to start. It amazes me what people buy. Things I never would expect to go would be taken quickly. And what I thought would go soon took a while.
I'm glad it is over. It's nice to have the boxes that have been collecting garage sale items out of my house. It was successful though. Most everything was gone and we donated everything else soon after. Plus we have some extra spending money!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
One Man's Junk is Another Man's Treasure
Posted by Julie at 12:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Yay for garage sales! Rhonda had one recently--she put me in charge of pricing things on the spot when people asked(we didn't do stickers or anything). I felt like I was on a game show or something and having to guess the value of each item! :)
Post a Comment