Saturday, June 21, 2008

Stop That Thief! part 2

Yep, it happened again...so not cool! Luckily nothing was taken except my sense of security in my home. I happened to be up with Raymond (who was running late) before he left for work. It was just a few minutes before 7 this morning. I was getting his lunch and he was filling up his water container. He opened the garage to take his water to his truck and then came back in to tell me goodbye. I went to bed. As soon as I layed down, I heard him yelling, "Hey, Hey!" My first thought was there must have been a dog that got in our garage. And then I heard "What the hell! are you doing! Raymond doesn't talk that way and so I knew something was wrong. I have never jumped out of bed so fast to run and see what was going on. I grabbed the phone to call 911 and went outside to see Raymond running down the street and some of his equipment laying in the yard. I asked if I needed to call 911 and he said no, but to get the police number to make a report. When I came back outside there were already 2 cop cars. Evidently I had dialed 911 and then hung up. They came to check to see what was going on. (Which I appreciate. It's called an abandoned 911.) I freaked out even more when I found out that the description of the car was the exact same as the one that I saw trying to steal his trailer. Is he watching us? Does he live close by? Or, did he just happen to be driving by? This guy has so much nerve! It was very obvious that we were home and Raymond just raised the door just minutes before. Luckily Raymond saw the guy and what he looked like as well as part of this tag. I'm sure I was a sight to the cop as I'm standing in the driveway in a nightgown, crying uncontrollably. Of course I couldn't go back to bed. I sat forever just looking out the front window looking for anything suspicious. If he could come back the same day after he was caught trying to steal the trailer then what would keep him from coming back this morning? As I write this I'm a little back to normal. I do have all the TVs on so I don't hear little noises, though. Oh my goodness...who would have thought!

2 comments:

danielle said...

julie! that is crazy!! i am so sorry to hear about that... that guy needs to be caught!! i am so sorry!!

Natalie said...

i'm sorry, julie! my prayer for you is the same prayer that i prayed for myself after my apartment got broken into--may God grant you peace and surround you. i hope they catch the guy!