Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Jamie's update #2

I just got back from a really great long weekend with Jamie in Phoenix. This was my 6th time to go out there, so all that was left for us to do was eat, shop and hangout! We had a really great time and really makes me wish that she lived much closer.


Some of the highlights:

  • Food! We ate at some really great restaurants. Of course we had a few favorites like Oregenos and In-and-Out Burger, but I went to some new places too. I happened to make the comment that some of the new places were foreign. (Jamie didn't appreciate that.) Eating bruschetta with huge chunks of cheese that you couldn't pronounce reminded me of trying food overseas that I didn't want to eat. Fig spread, hummas, organic...not really my thing. We ate Sprinkles cupcakes, chocolate chip cookie dough peanut butter, and homemade apple pie...Yum!
  • Hiking/Running. I didn't do it. Jamie would get up and I slept.

  • Movies! We saw 3 movies. That is more like my average for several months. We went to Sex and the City (so cute!) and Made of Honor and then rented Juno. All 3 were great!

  • Gilmore Girls! I loved this show when it was on TV. I watched it when it first came out but then didn't keep up with it towards the end. I have watched a few episodes with Bridget and enjoyed it. But my love for the show was rekindled when Jamie and I watched a total of 9 episodes of the first season! I love everything about it...the characters, the town, their home. We would come home and pretty much press play immediately.

These were some of the views that I saw...gorgeous! The top left is of Camelback Mountain which is a popular landmark there; Jamie's pool at her apartment; a beautiful sunset when we came out of church; and a fascinating view from the plane on my flight home.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm glad you had a good time in Phoenix! (and I like the new look of your blog--you're gonna have to show me how to fix mine up a bit the next time we're together)

danielle said...

what a great update!! sounds like ya'll had a really fun time!! i also agree with natalie! i really like the new look of your blog. i need to do something to mine, but have NO CLUE how..ha!! love you

Julie said...

I really don't know how to change anything. I tried to look for some fun cute backgrounds (with no luck) and I saw where I could add a picture with the title. That's all I did.

Natalie said...

Ooh, I like the new background--very fun!