Breaks are good. Although it's sad for me how I need a day off to find the time to clean. So that is what I did Thursday. I cleaned all day...my dog and husband like dirt. :) Friday I got my hair cut and ran a few errands. Saturday I had fun being crafty.
I bought some acorn and leaf cookie cutters and made/decorated cookies. I did have some mini acorns, but by the time I was ready to take a picture they were eaten.
I also read in a magazine about putting ribbon around pumpkins. The picture in the magazine was precious but you kind of get the idea with mine.
I Tivo Martha Stewart's show and lately a lot of her crafts have involved glitter. So I decided that I would glitter some wooden acorns. It is always so much neater on her show, as I have glitter everywhere! I will say half of the fun was going to Michael's to buy the glitter. Her aisle of craft supplies kept me very entertained. And I think there are a lot of great stocking stuffers that can be found on that aisle! (hint, hint)
I can't decide if I want to add the bronze glitter to the tops of the rest.
Even though my break is over and I have have to return to school tomorrow, the kids don't, and that is another break in itself!

6 comments:
very crafty julie!! i really like the acorns! :)
LOVE the glitter acorns! I need to make some of those with Maddie!
I also want to eat those cookies... yummy
You're so crafty ;-) Eilene was raving about your decorations at Bible Study. Speaking of...I really miss you all!
too much fun julie! i wish i could tivo martha too. oh well maybe i will get ideas from you! i love the acorns and ribbons around the pumpkins. :)
Ooh! How cute! I might just have to "borrow" the ideas!
how cute and domestic!
Post a Comment