Sunday, March 22, 2009

Its a Boy!

The newest addition to our family is Davy: a chocolate lab puppy. (Davy is short for Davidson. We stuck with the motorcycle theme.)
He was always on the move every time I tried to take his picture.

We had been on the lookout for a puppy recently and even figured we would go the shelter route because when you get them they are already spayed/neutered. I didn't want to have to deal with that again. When we called last weekend, they didn't have any puppies. But today on our way to lunch after church, there were the most precious puppies at the corner of Penn and Memorial. We stopped, figuring that they were asking more than I was willing to pay. Surprising, they weren't and the bonus was they already had their first round of shots. So kind of impulsively and kind of not, we bought a dog! We at first wanted a girl, but when we came back after lunch, there were only 2 boys left. The rest is history. It has been fun to have a puppy back and our biggest problem so far is that we keep referring to him as a her/she/girl.

5 comments:

JHawk said...

He is too cute!!! I can't wait to meet him!!!

Jamie said...

Davy is precious and can't wait to meet my dog nephew on Saturday... thanks for being so speedy on posting pictures! Love ya!

Amanda Isaacs said...

He is cute!!!!!

Mrs.Gregory said...

Oh Davy is so adorable. Labs are so smart. You can teach them practically anything.

You will eventually start calling him the correct adjective. It may take a while, but I don't think Davy will care.

danielle said...

that is so great. and i would say that was a pretty impulsive decision! way to go! :) cant wait to meet him!