Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Memorial Day

We love any day that Raymond has off, and so for Memorial Day, we decided to spend the day at Red Rock Canyon. I was so excited to go! I put together a fun picnic and was packed ready to enjoy nature!
We found a really shady, secluded spot for us to set up. Davy was extra excited and so we had to tie him away from our blanket and food. You can tell in the picture that he wasn't so happy. Plus I forgot about the bugs...you can tell I was lovin it!
After we ate, we walked to a little pond where Ray could fish. I sat in the lawn chair with my magazines and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.
It was nice and sunny when all of a sudden it began to pour. You know I melt in the rain so I ran to our car and drove it back to where we were. But there was no way a wet muddy dog could get back into the car. So they had to wait out the storm outside. :)The rain lightened up and Ray went back to fishing. Davy didn't seem too impressed with his catch.
The storm passed over and the temperature was perfect. (When we left our car said 71 and when we got home it was up to 88.) We decided to play a game at a picnic table. Of course Davy wanted to play too.
He finally settled on sitting next to Raymond. This is one of my favorite pictures.

3 comments:

danielle said...

what a fun day!

Natalie said...

how fun!

JHawk said...

what a neat place! where's it at?