Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I love the transformation our house takes during this time of year! Thank goodness Raymond jumps on the chance to get on our roof and put up our lights.

Poor Davy wanted to help too!
I think Christmas lights should stay up all year. They are just happy to look at!

As much as I love putting out pumpkins in the fall, I am thankful for changes in season. I'm definitely ready to put them away to get ready for Christmas.

Half of these tubs are sweet teacher gifts...I think I should have a garage sale with the Christmas stuff I don't use. Its like Christmas going through it all because there are things I forget about!
Joy to the world and to those who grace our front porch. After Christmas I'll take the letters off and just have a the plain wreath for the rest of the winter. I had so much fun being crafty covering the letters with pretty paper that you can't see.


Our tiny little living room is full of Christmas things all over. (I need a bigger house just to decorate for Christmas!) I have some neat things that my parents brought us from Germany when my dad would travel there.

Someday I'll write a post over this mantle which I love how it has transformed our dining room. But I love even more having something else to decorate!

Our dining room table.

I love our tree. It is simple and full of all kinds of ornaments --some that match and some don't. I love being sentimental as I look at them all!
As a child my sister and I would get an ornament each year to add to the tree and Raymond and I have continued that same tradition for us for our own tree. This year we have an ornament to remember our fabulous trip to Chicago.

This is the first year that I have presents wrapped and under the tree all done before Christmas Eve! Even Davy is super excited about his humongous bone!

2 comments:

Verlan said...

Happy to see a new Post! Love all the Christmas decorations!
Love, Mom

danielle said...

i love your crafty wreath!!! and i love your wrapping paper. :)