Friday, December 25, 2009

Walking in a Winter WonderBLIZZARD!

Literally...at least for Raymond. It took him 4 and 1/2 hours to get home from work on Christmas Eve. Three miles from my parents home he didn't get stuck, but there were so many other stuck and stranded cars he couldn't get through. So my dad and I left to go pick him up about a block from where he was. Due to stuck cars everywhere the closest we could get to him was still a mile and a half away. After one last attempt to squeeze through, the last resort for Raymond was to walk to us. So we sat (actually I sat...my father was a good Samaritan and helped all the craziness around us) for about 30 minutes waiting for Raymond to walk/run to us. Finally he made it but then we still had to get back home. An hour and a 1/2 from when we left, we returned home at 9:40 (having only gone a mile and a half) to begin our Christmas Eve celebration...well not really. Raymond ate and we all went to bed exhausted.

What a adventure. My dad said that it was the worst he's even seen the roads in Oklahoma. I could not believe how many cars were stranded along the road and I also couldn't believe how many cars were actually out...and stuck. Oh how I wish I had my camera to document.

2 comments:

danielle said...

i am so glad ya'll didnt get stuck!!! my parents counted over 180 cars stranded between here and edmond.. absolutely crazy!

Natalie said...

i just got back to okc today, and the roads are still pretty crazy in places. judging by the cars that are still "parked" in random places, i can tell it was bad!