Saturday, November 22, 2008

First Anniversary

This post is a couple weeks overdue... A little over a year ago we were married. I can honestly say that is was one of the most fun days of my life.
Our actual anniversary was simple and sweet. Raymond was supposed to have the day off, but much to our disappointment, he had to go in for the afternoon. That morning we slept in a little, and went to breakfast at Cattleman's. Then for dinner we went to dinner at Redrock. After dinner we went home to eat the top of our cake. Since neither of us had punch from the reception, we made that too!
We spent the day reflecting over what we have done and been through our first year. What a great and wonderful time it has been. This is some of what I have loved about it:
  • I love that we can live together. I always enjoyed living by myself, but it is so much more fun to have him here first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. Not to mention the manly help he does around the house.
  • I love that we are like minded in wanting to glorify the Father.
  • I love that marriage was not a stressful change like my doctors thought, but more of an encouraging relief.
  • I love that I feel so completely comfortable around Raymond.
  • I love how we laugh all the time.
  • I love how we love each other. It is so overwhelming!
  • I love that we are one. What moves, hurts, effects him does so to me as well.
  • I love being with him.
  • I love playing (winning) games with him.
  • I love that we have the rest of our life together!

4 comments:

Jessica B said...

Happy Anniversary Julie. I loved looking at the wedding pictures Jamie shared with me. Your wedding was beautiful.

Your new picture at the top of your blog is really cute. Now we just need to get Jamie on board with blogging. She told me the night of the pumpkin party that she had told you that she didn't need a blog because I would blog it. Then I saw your comment which just confirmed it. Hmmm...maybe I should just start one for her. Maybe then she would feel obligated to use it :)

Hilary de Haan said...

That's so sweet :-) Congratulations to you both!!

Natalie said...

Yay for your anniversary! Your wedding was beautiful, and I'm still so happy for you and Raymond!

Stormy said...

Congrats on your first year together! I can honestly say it just gets better and better! ~Nikki