Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Getaway!

To celebrate our anniversary, we took a long weekend and drove to Eureka Springs. This was the perfect time for us to get away. Arkansas is so beautiful and I was thinking that I would get to see some beautiful foliage!
Not really. Evidently the storm that blew through earlier in the week blew everything away. I also wasn't expecting it to be so cold. But it was still a blast!
We stayed at a cute little bed & breakfast on the historical loop. I loved that our heater was a fire place. It made our little room so cozy. The inn keepers made a fabulous 3 course breakfast both mornings.
We walked around downtown Eureka Springs Saturday. Lots of shopping and people watching. I love the architecture of all of the buildings.
We were told by several people that we needed to eat at Ermilios Italian restaurant. We tried Friday night but the wait was over an hour and so we thought we would go back Saturday right when it opened. Even though we arrived at 4:50, ten minutes before it was supposed to open, it was already packed. We still ended up waiting over an hour. While waiting we played checkers. We played 3 games. I lost every single one. I may look happy in this picture, but I really wasn't. :) I don't have to go back, but it was just fun to eat at a place so popular there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you and Raymond were able to get away for some quality time together! I'm behind on reading blogs... so sorry to hear about Harley :( Robin

danielle said...

what a fun getaway! perfect for the anniversary! congrats!

Hilary de Haan said...

how fun! glad you were able to get away and have a chance of scenery (even if the trees were bare).

Natalie said...

glad you had fun! i love your cute little brown jacket! :)

Amanda Isaacs said...

We should have called eachother...we were both in Arkansas last weekend!