Saturday, December 27, 2008

Day 7

Thank goodness my parents let me use their camera! Friday was such a fun and busy day!
I woke up early and met my parents to go to Target. We always go after Christmas to stock up on the half-off deals.
We celebrated Christmas with my family today. We squeezed in our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day traditions into one day. One tradition is to have green waffles on Christmas morning. Day-after-Christmas morning works just as well!
My mom's waffles are perfectly homemade and my favorite!

Jamie wouldn't let me get a picture of her. So we joked about her being like Mr. Wilson from Home Improvement.

We then played a new game Jamie brought called Bananagrams. It is like a fast-paced Scrabble. We played two games. Jamie won them both...I know shocking!

She took this picture to show that she won 2 games.

Then I had to go back to my house to let the Cox guy in. We FINALLY got cable!

I was tired of hearing about not being able to see certain football games. The last thing I heard was how we would only get to see 2 bowl games on regular TV, and how he would have to go watch them somewhere. So now we are paying to spend more time together. :) It was a surprise for Raymond, so it was so fun when we came home for him to see it! You all know that I'm super excited about it, and it has been a major distraction already.

I then headed back to my parent's house. Another tradition is to decorate sugar cookies. Jamie and I have always taken a different approach to this.

The finished product!

Another tradition is to eat appetizers for Christmas Eve dinner. Our yummy spread! Of course she had to pop in the picture! :)

I love our stockings and I love that my mom made one for Raymond that matches ours. The detail is so neat!

There were some fun surprises! The face after this shot was priceless!

It was a great Christmas with my family. We still have some fun days planned!

3 comments:

danielle said...

oh my goodness. i stink at bananagrams. i always think of short words, which make it really hard to win. i guess my vocab isnt the best. :)

Amanda Isaacs said...

JULIE!!! I have the same Christmas stocking that you and Julie do!!! I've never seen another one like it. How cool is that!!!

Julie said...

dan, jamie only did well because she used the dictionary!
and i love that amanda has the same stocking. did your mom make one for chad? :)