Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Mother's Day & Happy Birthday

My sweet mother got the raw end of the deal with her birthday being so close to mother's day. This year they occurred on the same day. I was on my way home from Florida so we celebrated a couple days later. We went to their house for dinner and I brought a really fun strawberry cake for dessert that my mom requested. It has fresh strawberries, nuts, coconut, and a homemade icing. Yum!

We got her dough planers (rings to attach to each end of the rolling pin to keep the dough level.) A Martha Stewart product for my Martha loving mom. For mother's day she got a pedicure.

We then played Murder (a favorite game of hers) to wrap up the evening.

P.S. May 10th was also our nephew's 1st birthday. Happy Birthday Harrison!
And it was our year and a half anniversary!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

i've never heard of the game murder. that looks interesting!

JHawk said...

I second Natalie's comment!!! You know I love anything to do with murder!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your pics! Never heard of the game murder... looks neat. Found your blog on another's blog.

I love the wedding pics. It looks like Destin~ gulf coast? WE go to Destin once a year and stay for a week. It is so beautiful there. I love the pic of the wedding cake~ beautiful.

blessings,
Teena